Valid as of May 25, 2018
2. What is a Cookie?
Cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies (collectively ‘cookies’) are files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to any internet enabled device – such as your computer, smartphone or tablet – when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies do lots of different and useful jobs, such as remembering your preferences, generally improving your online experience, and helping us to offer you the best product and services.
There are many types of cookies. They all work in the same way, but have minor differences. For a detailed list of cookies used on our website, please refer to the relevant section below.
We may also insert cookies in emails and newsletters to improve our content and advertising.
More detailed information about the types of cookies we use and for what purposes, can be found in the below relevant section.
4. Types of cookies
In terms of duration, we may use two different types of cookies on our websites:
- Persistent Cookies. These cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you manually delete them (how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie, as well as your browser settings, as stated below). Persistent Cookies can be used for a variety of purposes, including saving preferences and user options when using the site. They remain stored in your terminal equipment until they reach their set expiration date, unless deleted by the user before that time;
- Session Cookies. These cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave our websites; They can be used for a variety of purposes, such as “remembering” what the user has put in the shopping cart during use of the website.
4.2 First and third party Cookies
Whether a Cookie is "first-party" or "third party" is determined by the site or domain that places the Cookie. The first party Cookies are determined by a website visited by the user-the site displayed in the URL window: e.g. cookies set by Website https://www.tzanidis.gr/. In some cases, we may collaborate with third parties to provide services on our website. Third party advertisers and other businesses may use their own Cookies to collect information about your activities on the website and/or the advertisements you have chosen. This information can be used by them to provide advertisements that they believe can probably be of interest to you, based on the content you have visited. Third party advertisers may also use this information to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements.
5. Cookie Consent
Some Cookies are absolutely necessary for the proper functioning of the website and do not require the consent of the user, such as those that ensure that the content of a page is loaded quickly and efficiently distributing the workload in many Computers or computers that provide security. Other Cookies are still reasonably necessary or important, but are not absolutely necessary and therefore require the consent of the user. The user's consent is collected through different techniques.
- You can control the installation of cookies on our behalf, and choose which ones to use from the relevant dashboard (by selecting change or withdraw your consent in paragraph 9, below). However please note that disabling tracking cookies does not necessarily mean that you will receive less advertising. It just means that the advertising you receive will not be tailored to your interests.
- You can set your browser setting to refuse to accept cookies as well as delete cookies already installed on your computer:
- Internet Explorer - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- Chrome - - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Safari - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
6. Consent withdrawal
Your consent to the use of the Cookies can be withdrawn at any time, but be advised that such withdrawal may have an impact on the functionality of the Website.
7. Data Traffic and Storage Data
User’s data is not stored for more than 12 months, except in cases where there is a need to conduct investigation of cybercrimes which may result in damage of the Website. Such information will not be disclosed or distributed to unspecified recipients.